A relatively simple way to get a website up and running is to simply get a domain name and a hosting account and install a wordpress blog onto it. A wordpress blog can be used for blogging or as a website for any purposes including internet marketing.
For domain names I suggest GoDaddy they are big, cheap and by far the best domain name registrar.
For hosting I suggest Hostgator they offer unlimited domain name hosting coupled with unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disc space at extremely competitive rates.
Domain name DNS
- After you have registered your domain name you should go into your domain manager and change the domain name dns or name servers to that of your hosting account.
- In your GoDaddy domain manager tick the box in front of the domain you wish to forward to your hosting.
- The line of options at the top of your domain manager will light up.
- Click on name servers.
- Select the last option “have specific name servers for my domains.”
- In the drop down box paste your hosting name servers. This should be something ns1711.hostgator.com and ns1712.hostgator.com.
- Click OK and OK again.
Hosting Account cPanel
In your HostGator cPanel you should find your name servers in the account information box on the bottom left of the page.
To install a domain name in HostGator:
- Click on add on domains.
- Enter the domain name.
- Skip Subdomain/Ftp Username
- Skip domain root
- Enter your chosen password.
- Enter your password again.
- Click add domain
In the HostGator cPanel:
- Click on Fantastico Deluxe.
- Click wordpress in the left hand column.
- Click new installation
- From the drop down list pick the domain name you wish to install wordpress on. Use the domain name without the primary domain name extension
- Leave install in directory blank.
- Fill in your desired admin name.
- Fill in your desired password.
- Fill in nickname
- Fill in email you want correspondence to.
- Fill in Site name
- Fill in Site description.
- Click install wordpress.
- Click ok
- Fill in email you want wordpress details sent to.
- Press finish.
You now have a website up and running.